Writing about things I love and things I didn't know - oh and things I want to eat and cook

Wednesday 3 February 2016

World Cancer Day - THAT'S THAT

This one is hard for me to write though also a privilege. I have two family members fighting cancer - like most families I suspect.

I would say if you come across anything remotely suspicious in your mouth, cheek or tongue get it looked at sharpish. Not to be alarmist just safe.



Elizabeth Blackwell was born on February the 3rd 1821 - the first woman to receive a medical degree in the United States and the first woman to be admitted to the UK Medical Register.

YAY.

If you have ever wondered why the Hayward Gallery has it's name have a look at my link. Isaac Hayward. I have always loved the South Bank  - the theatres - I was lucky enough to see Anthony Hopkins playing Lear. Took the edge off the trauma of Little Shop of Horrors. 

Go to the supermarket or cancer research website please and buy a bracelet. I say this with humility and all gratitude - doctors, surgeons, nurses - all medical staff are literally performing miracles every single hour of every single day. 

David Bowie and Alan Rickman were felled by the same cancer as my late daddy. 

If you are on Twitter please follow this :


Couldn't resist this from the marvellous Rachel Khoo. Be healthy and THANK YOU to everyone who has looked after those I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment